Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Through My Eyes

This song was written by a lady, Valerie Foley, about what it can feel like when you are autistic.  It was inspired by the way her son, Billy, lives his life.

I truly love this....

'Through My Eyes'

See the world through my eyes
It changes shape and it changes size
 It's not quite the world you see
If you could find a way to look around inside my mind
Maybe you would understand me

-Chorus-
Cause I'm not blind, but I can't always see
 I'm not deaf, but things can sound strange to me
 I'm not trapped, but it's hard to feel free
Imagine what it's like to be me
Imagine what it's like to be me

It's hard for me to try to think things through or talk like you
Everything can be a blur sometimes
But if you walk along beside me,
Hold my hand and guide me
Together any mountain we can climb

 (Repeat Chorus)

I’m dreaming of my future
And it’s brighter than you know
I’ll get there on a different road
When I’m ready to go

I don’t need pity
I don’t need tears
I just need someone to help me understand my fears
Show me that you believe in me
Let me know that I’m ok
Help me feel safe in the world
And I will find my way

(Repeat Chorus)
IMAGINE SEEING THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES…..