Friday, December 9, 2011

Conversation

I have been at home with Rayyan for almost 2 weeks and these 2 weeks, I talk a lot to Rayyan, even if he doesn't seem to understand or even listen to me at times!  I realised that my Hubby and I talk a lot about his interest all this while, for example, since he loves animals and is always reading animal books, we always talk to him about animals.  But I realised the importance of talking to him about things around him.  For example, when we are on the road, I talk about the vehicles around us.  I talk about him as a person, family and school and recently, we talk about friends.  I don't think he knows what 'friends' mean yet but we just talk about friends that he is familiar with.

Here's our recent conversation... 


As you can see, it is very difficult to get his focus and he doesn't listen to our questions carefully so doesn't really answer our questions.  But it's ok, I am really, really happy that we can finally 'talk' to him...  

This is the boy, who one year ago, couldn't even say a single word.  This is the boy who we thought will never talk.  I am extremely proud of you my boy and I love you with all my heart.

Thank you God for finally giving him a VOICE.  Thank you God for the MIRACLE  :)