Saturday, January 15, 2011

Update, updates.....

It has been about 2 weeks since I updated this blog... Well, school has started and I am back to my super hectic schedule...sigh..

But I must say that I am really, really glad that Hubby is taking care of Rayyan full-time... I am finally able to gain some peace of mind when I am at work because I know that Rayyan is in good hands. And Hubby is doing a FANTASTIC job!! He has his share of frustrations of course, sometimes he tells me that he gets really frustrated when things don't go his way or when he feels that he is just not doing enough... I simply told him to be patient and not to expect miracles... just celebrate the small successes..

For me, I am just glad that he can bring Rayyan to school and AAS, to learn more things on what he can do from the teachers... to bring Rayyan for his ST lessons and do the necessary follow-ups... to just play and teach Rayyan when he is at home... it is not easy, especially for Hubby but he is trying very hard and I am extremely proud of him... You go Hubby!!!

And Rayyan is doing very, very well too... Apart from that first day at PCS where he cried for a while, he doesn't cry at all now!! He loves going to school and sometimes, didn't even want to go back!! And wearing the uniform is no longer an issue... I think that he feels a sense of belonging, that he is just like one of the children there and not like an outsider (he used to wear home clothes there..).. Of course there are certain things that we need to work on but generally, I am very happy with his performance :)

Same goes for AAS too... I was afraid that he wouldn't adjust to the fact that he won't be with Teacher Fadilah this year but he was totally okay with that. I am glad that he adjusted well to his new teacher, Teacher Geraldine, whom Hubby said is experienced, helpful and nice... hehe.. He did very well the first week... I think it was due to the fact that he has not been there for a long time and missed the school... This week though, Hubby said he is a bit challenging and more 'mischievous'..wanting to do more play than study... Hmmm... which child prefers to study more than play???? Well, I am sure Teacher Geraldine and Hubby will work that out...

Anyway, I am really happy at how things are turning out so far... Let's hope that 2011 will be a really, really fruitful and memorable year for us, full of sweet and pleasant surprises :)