Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mummy!!

When Rayyan was totally non-verbal, I had always dreamt of the moment when he will come up to me unexpectedly one day, look into my eyes and say, "Mummy"!  I would then be truly, truly happy and thankful to God and tears would be gushing down my cheeks and I would be crying non-stop!

Well, sadly, that didn't happen.... Rayyan can finally say Mummy but it didn't happen the way I had envisioned it to be.  Like I said earlier, each sound was taught to him explicitly so first came.. mmmm and then aaaa and then mmaaa and then mama and then finally, MUMMY!  So there wasn't the element of surprise and non-belief...

But you know what... even that couldn't tarnish the miracle that he can finally call me.  When he sometimes pull my hand or run to me calling MUMMY... I would burst with pride and happiness.  That truly is the most beautiful word that I hear from him.  In fact, that is the one word that he can say really, really beautifully....

Thank you for finally acknowledging me darling...
Thank you God for the miracle :)