Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mummy's Day

The excitement of Mother's Day can be felt almost everywhere... children buying pressies and cards for their mummies, bookings at restaurants, flowers for dearest mummies....... Even when I log into Facebook, I can see proud mummies showing off the cards and cute, little handmade pressies from their kiddos...

And as I sat on my bed this morning, I began to reflect on Mother's Day and what it means to me... Mother's Day is indeed an important occasion. It is true that we shouldn't just appreciate our mums for just one day but on this day we should make a concerted effort to express our love and appreciation to our mums. For those who seems to be too caught up in his/her own activities, this is a timely reminder to put everything down and spend time with that most important person in your life.

I wonder if I will ever get a thank-you card from my little Rayyan... I wonder if he will ever give me a hug and say 'I love you, Mummy'...

But you know what, I realised that it doesn't matter at all. When I was in Facebook and saw all the gifts and cards received by my friends, I felt truly happy for them but I wasn't envious. It made me realise that I am finally accepting my son for who he is. I know his limitations and I understand it.

Indeed, I love my son for who he is... there are no conditions attached. He doesn't have to be the brightest boy to be my son. He doesn't have to be the cutest one either. Just as long as he's happy, I am happy. And yesterday, when I brought him to the airport and saw him running towards me with that huge, huge smile on his face, I just felt contented and blissfully happy.... My son has taught me the meaning of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

It's ok if you can't tell me that you love me, baby, I just know you do... And I love you with all my heart too :)



PS: And to all the mummies out there, especially the mummies who I know are doing their very best for their children, who tirelessly try ways and means to make their children better, who are willing to do anything for their children... you guys are the best mummies ever... Happy Mother's Day and may God bless you...