Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dream Holiday

Last Sunday, we sent one of our dear friends off at the airport.. The airport was jam-packed, everybody seemed to be going somewhere...

It's been a while since we (Hubby and I) travelled outside Singapore and Malaysia. The last time was years ago, just before I conceived Rayyan. I think it was a trip to Bangkok. I miss sunny Australia, exotic Bali, magnificent Europe, enchanting India.... After Rayyan was born, I became the over-anxious parent, afraid that he couldn't take the long journey, afraid that he would fall sick, etc, etc... Now that he is a toddler and pretty much ready to see the world, a couple of factors stopped us from leaving on the jetplane...

One of them is that Hubby doesn't have anymore leave because most went to bringing Rayyan to see the doctors, being around for the various therapy sessions, going for assessments, etc. Another reason is that after spending money on therapies, childcare centre, food, other miscellaneous, etc... we don't have much left. In fact, before the holidays, I already made up my mind not to go anywhere this holiday but concentrate on building his resources, reading books on autism, preparing time-table and menu for the new year, look for a suitable learning centre and simply to just spend quality time with him.

So it's ok that we don't get to travel now... Hopefully one day we will.. In fact, I have been thinking of this place I went for volunteer work back in 2003. It's Sikkim, India. It's just next to Nepal and the mountains there are truly gorgeous. Back then, after completing our mission there, we actually went trekking up the mountains but I didn't get to reach the peak because one of my friends got sick and I decided to accompany her down back to the village. But I remember that as I was going down, I told myself that one day, I am going up the mountains again, this time with my husband and children.

Well, I really hope that dream will come true one day. I hope I will have the opportunity to trek up the mountains with Hubby and Rayyan. We will go through the challenges together, help one another and finally at the peak, we will sit side by side and enjoy each other's company while watching the gorgeous sunset across the mountains, basking in nature's glory.... One day my dear boy, one day...