Monday, September 20, 2010

Colours

Last few weeks, I couldn't accompany Rayyan for his Speech Therapy sessions as I was tied down with work. Due to that, I had to depend on my helper to give me feedback on what happened during the sessions. Recently, she told me that Lydea, the therapist, asked her if Rayyan knows colours. I was pretty surprised by that comment as Rayyan knows colours since he was 2+. He even recognises words related to colours.

So I guess he wasn't cooperating when Lydea asked him about the colours or Rayyan was probably distracted by something else. This is one of the difficulties I encounter.. When we do different learning activities with Rayyan, we find that he can do so many things but when he's with a different person (apart from family members), he usually ignores the person or refuses to cooperate. What can we do to solve this problem? Maybe I should get him exposed to many more different people.....

Anyway, here are two videos related to colours that we took months ago...


The video below shows Rayyan matching words with colours. We borrowed the teaching tool from AAS.