Thursday, February 9, 2012

Party in School

Overdue pics of Rayyan's party in school about two months ago...hehe..  Anyway, even though we had a party for him at home, we wanted to do another one in school because we know that many children have their parties in school too and we want him to have the same experience.  And we were really glad we did it :D

It was great to see him surrounded by his classmates.  When I came, many of them came up to me and told me how much they like him.  They are aware that he's 'different' but they still accept him, love him and the best part is, they PROTECT him.  It was so heartwarming to see how loving and non-judgemental these children are.

I am so thankful that he has classmates such as this boy by the name of Alden who is always looking out for him.  When I came, Alden told me how much Rayyan likes to hug him and indeed, Rayyan keeps hugging him!  Hubby told me that even during naptime, Rayyan is always with Alden.  I am glad that Rayyan has found a good friend in school.

There is also this girl by the name of Sharlene who helps Rayyan a lot, making sure Rayyan does the tasks given and that he follows instructions.  She is such a responsible and helpful girl and I can still remember the conversation she had with me when we were there...

Sharlene : Rayyan's mummy, I love Rayyan you know.
Me : Is it?
Sharlene : Ya, I love him but I don't know if he loves me or not...

Hahahaha... Isn't she cute???!  

I pray that Rayyan will always be loved by his classmates, teachers and those around him.  I pray that as he grows, people around him will understand and accept him, autism and all.  I pray that he in turn, will be a good friend to those around him. Amin...



The theme for his party in school... Angry Bird!


Teachers and Daddy getting the kiddos together


Rayyan's lovely classmates


And yes, that is Alden hugging him like a big brother!


All couldn't wait to sing the birthday song..



Happy Birthday to you!!!!!


Time to blow the candles...


But oh wait, they want to sing the Chinese version too! haha


Finally, he can blow the candles!  And I just burst with pride everytime I see this photo :)


Alden couldn't help giggling when Rayyan accidentally touched the cake!


Good friends :D


And this is the girl who loves Rayyan, Sharlene.. ;)


Surrounded by the roses...  
One hugging him, one holding his hand... Rayyan is a ladies' man! lol


The cute, little gentlemen


And how can we forget the teachers?!! Hehe  
Thank you teachers for taking good care of him :)


Rayyan distributing his party packs



He is such a big boy now... *emo mode*

And Rayyan darling, we hope you had a good time.  I promise that as long as I can, I will make every birthday of yours fun and memorable... Love you so, so much!!